The kids spent the entire rainy day on their new Angry Bird lego project, and they made it!!!
What else do we do on a rainy day? We eat! We eat a lot!
This week, Whole Food is selling wild-caught sockeye salmon at an amazing price. So of course we have fish for appetizer, for main course, and for dessert (kidding!).
(Adapted from Jamie Oliver)
1 lb white fish fillet, like sea bass, snapper, or lemon sole (salmon is a fine substitute too)
1 red or yellow pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
2 spring onions (green part, finely sliced)
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp sea salt (a bit more to taste)
8 sprigs of fresh mint, leaves picked
8 sprigs of fresh coriander, leaves picked
Freshly ground pepper
Extra virgin olive oil (for decoration)
- Cut fish filet in 1cm cube.
- Place fish cubes, chopped pepper, sliced spring onions in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Mix lime juice with salt in a small bowl, and refrigerate.
- Before serving, pour the lime juice mixture over the fish, and set aside for 2-3 minutes only.
- Quickly toss in mint and coriander.
- Divided in 4 plates, drizzle olive oil on top, and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.