Yup! It’s been confirmed: we have a superman at home (and he’s only 4!). It’s been almost two years and his dad hasn’t been able to fix some of the damages. Sigh… shall I put on my Wonder Woman outfit?
Tam Ky Chicken Rice
1 whole free-range chicken (about 3-4 lbs)
1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs rice vinegar
2 tsp sea salt
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp ground pepper
Vietnamese coriander (finely chopped)
Corriander (finely chopped)
2 cup rice (soaked in cold water for 2 hours)
1/2 cup sweet rice (soaked in cold water for 2 hours)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbs canola oil
4 tbs fish sauce
3 tbs sugar
Juice of 1/2 lime
4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- To cook the chicken: Put the chicken breast up in stockpot, cover with cold water, and cook under medium heat. Once the water comes to boil, continue to cook under low heat for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken breast down, continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, cover, and leave it for 20 minutes. Plunge the chicken in an iced-water bowl, then drain dry.
- Debone the chicken and throw the carcass back in the stockpot, simmer until the stock is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tbs sugar and 2 tbs vinegar in a small bowl, mix onion slices and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- To cook the rice: Mix two types of rice, put in a rice cooker with salt, ground pepper, turmeric powder, oil. Cover the rice mixture with chicken stock from step 2. Set the rice cooker to SOFT setting if available.
- To prepare the chicken salad: Tear the chicken meat to bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, lime juice, sea salt, ground pepper, Vietnamese coriander, and coriander.
- To prepare the dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well.