This summer, the kids had so much fun with their grandparents in Paris. We are still not sure if the grandparents have recovered from all the chaos yet 😉
4-year-old: Mom, grandpa said he’s dead!
4-year-old: I jumped on his back.
Me: Is he really dead?
4-year-old: Maybe not, because he’s still talking!!
(Adapted from Savoury Days)
About 20 mini rolls
150g butter milk (or 150g milk+10g lemon juice)
330g all-purpose flour
6g dry instant yeast
Cream cheese for filling (optional)
1 egg white for topping (optional)
- Mix all liquid ingredients + yeast together. Add dry ingredients and knead until dough forms a smooth ball.
- Cover and let it proof until double (about 1 hour or so).
- Divide dough into 3 balls, each about 210g.
- Roll each ball into a rectangular 4″x8″. Let it rest for 5 mins. Then cut into small triangle as shown in the photo below (courtesy of Erikastrada blog). If desired, place a small piece of cream cheese as filling.
- Place the rolls on 2 lined baking sheets, covered with plastic wrap, let it proof for 15″.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350F.
- Brush the top with egg white (optional).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then switch the baking sheets in the oven, and bake for another 10 mins.