Face-timing with tata…
Tata: Why can’t we eat in the metro?
4-year-old: Because there is no table, only chairs!
(Adapted from Savoury Days)
For Nordic Ware railway cake pan (5 cups)
50 g cornstarch
50 g all-purpose flour
38 g canola oil
20 g milk
5 eggs (separated)
100 g sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour
2. In a small bowl, sift cornstarch and all-purpose flour.
3. In a small bowl, mix canola oil and milk.
4. In a large bowl, beat 5 egg whites with 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, a pinch of salt, and sugar until stiff.
5. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beat at low speed.
6. Continue to beat at low speed, slowly add oil-milk mixture.
7. Still at low speed, add flour mixture.
8. Pour the batter into greased cake pan.
9. Bake for 20 minutes.