So, I’ve been away over the past weeks. Here I was, face-timing with hubby, from Cape Town:
Me: Hey, thanks babe! I know you just got me a very COOOOL present 🙂
Me: I’m wearing it.
(That’s how you can get away with shopping all for yourself while traveling.)
(Adapted loosely from The New York Times)
2 lbs rolled oats
1/2 lb raw nuts (almond, walnut, hazelnut, pine nuts, etc.)
1/2 lb raw seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
1/4 lb dried unsweetened flake coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
300 g maple syrup
1 tbs honey (optional)
1/2 lb mixed dried fruits (I used cranberries and golden raisins)
- Chop raw nuts by putting in ziplock and smash.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except dried fruits.
- Divided into 2 unlined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Stir, and switch trays in oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir and switch trays.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir and switch trays every 5 minutes.
- Remove trays from oven.
- Add dried fruits.
- Let it cool in the trays until granola reaches room temperature.
- Store in airtight container.