I didn’t know saving the planet could be this hard!
(Hotel key card from Pretoria)
(Adapted from White on Rice Couple)
100 g red Thai chilies (minced)
2 garlic heads (peeled, minced)
2 shallots (peeled, minced)
1 tbs canola oil
15-oz tomato sauce can
1 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs rice vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil.
- Stir fry minced garlic and shallot until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add red Thai chilies and tomato sauce. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add fish sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Let the chili mixture cool completely.
- Use a hand blender to blend mixture until smooth.
- Taste and readjust if necessary (a pinch of sugar, a splash of fish sauce, or vinegar).
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate.