6-year-old’s homework: Draw and summarize her favorite book.
I’m trying to be totally unbiased here: This is the BEST portrait of Olivia in the history of art!!!!
Duck simmered in coconut juice
(Recipe from my mom)
1 duck (cleaned and dry)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
4 shallots (minced)
2 tbs fish sauce
2 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Juice of 1 fresh coconut
- Chop duck into large pieces.
- Marinate duck with all ingredients except coconut juice. Set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a large skillet under high heat.
- Place duck, skin-side down, and cook for a few minutes, until skin is crispy.
- Toss until all sides are seared.
- Add coconut juice.
- After the juice boils, turn heat to medium.
- Let duck simmer in coconut juice until water evaporates. Make sure to stir frequently.
- Serve hot.