Today marks the day my 2-year-old says her first full sentence!!!!
She said: “Tomorrow dump truck comes” (Mai xe rác đến)
Thank you, dump truck!!
Of course we celebrated 🙂
Steak with Burgundy mushroom sauce
(Adapted from The Pioneer Women)
For 4 servings
4 whole steaks (filet mignon, sirloin, etc.)
2 tbs butter
1 shallot (thinly sliced)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 lb white mushrooms (sliced)
3 spring onion (sliced, white and green separated)
1 cup red wine
1 tbs butter (or replaced by 1 tbs cornstarch)
Salt, pepper, sugar to taste
Fresh parsley (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over high heat.
- Add shallot and white part of spring onions, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, cook for another minute.
- Add sliced mushroom and green onion, stir occasionally until golden.
- Add wine. Cook until reduced by half.
- To thicken sauce, add 1 tbs butter (or cornstarch if using).
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar (optional, depending on wine used).
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley if using.
- Fry steak in a large skillet until medium rare.
- Spoon mushroom sauce on top.