7-year-old: Mom, how many boxes can you fit into my empty backpack?
Me: Ummmm… I don’t know.
7-year-old: One, because it won’t be empty any more.
Happy belated Mother’s Day, everyone!
Beer batter waffles
(Recipe from Nguyen Mai on facebook)
325 g all-purpose flour
4 g dry yeast
1 pinch salt
45 g sugar
200 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 ml beer
15 g canola oil
90 g butter (melted)
- In a large mixing bow, whisk together flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Slowly add milk + vanilla extract. Whisk constantly.
- Add beer.
- Finally add oil + melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let batter rest for 1-2 hours (or over night in fridge).
- Use waffle maker according to instruction.