Our awesome friend just became wiser (or so I was told). He turned 40!
Our awesome friends’ marriage just became tin solid. They hit their 10th-year mark!
So, what did we do to celebrate?
We ate, of course! A whole suckling pig!
Our chefs worked extra hard:
Our bartender worked extra hard:
And we ate extra hard!
Barbecued suckling pig
2 cups red wine vinegar
1 cup water
4 tbs wine
6 tbs maltose
10 garlic cloves (minced)
2 shallots (minced)
6 tbs oyster sauce
3 tbs sugar
1 tbs salt
1 tbs five spice powder
1 tbs ground pepper
- Wash the pig throughly and use paper towels to pat dry.
- Place the pig on a rack, skin side up.
- Pour boiling water all over the skin.
- Use a blunt knife to scrap the skin clean.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, boil all ingredients in Marinade #1.
- Rub Marinade #1 on the skin while it’s still boiling hot.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients in Marinade #2.
- Rub Marinade #2 in the cavity and on any meat exposure.
- Let it rest over night, skin side up.
- When ready, barbecue over low heat for 2.5-3 hours. Flip it in the last 30 minutes.