I’m having a hiccup.
Colleague A: Pinch your nose and hold your breath.
Me: Until when?
Colleague B: Until you die. No hiccup!
Flat noodle (Bánh phở)
(Adapted from Lien rom)
200 g rice flour
200 g tapioca starch
100 g potato starch
10 g Xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
50 g canola oil
250 g boiling water
- Add dry ingredients (everything except oil and hot water) to Philip pasta maker.
- Let the machine run for 3 minutes. Push STOP.
- Restart the machine, this time, slowly add oil and boiling water. Let it run for 3 minutes. Push STOP.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Restart the machine. Push STOP after 3 minutes.
- Let dough rest for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of water to cook noodle.
- Restart Philip paster maker. Make flat noodle according to instruction.
- Cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain under cold water. Set aside until ready to use.