My attempt to try yoga at home.
(Adapted loosely from Bruno Albouze)
325 g water
60 g sugar
14 g yeast
30 g milk powder
300 g all purpose flour
300 g bread flour
8 g salt
60 g butter (soften)
Egg wash (use a handheld blender to beat 1 egg with a pinch of salt)
- Combine water, sugar, yeast, and milk powder in a bowl.
- Add flour and salt.
- Add butter.
- Knead until smooth for about 10 minutes.
- Cover and let it rise until tripled (about 30 minutes – 1 hour, depending on the temperature).
- Divide dough and shape into 4 balls.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten each ball to remove air bubbles, and shape into a long bun.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Use a razor blade to score each bun horizontally.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let them proof for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Rotate baking trays.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cool on rack.