Thanks to my friend, Molly, I started to pay attention to the chemicals used in our daily skincare products. Even better, I started to make my own! My skin just loves it. My mind is at peace. I would recommend you to try various recipes to find what suits you best. For example, I now know that my skin becomes oily with honey, but it stays smooth and clean with coconut oil and turmeric. In my quest for the most favorite recipes that WORK, I will keep updating this page. So friends, do check back often.
Daily coconut oil facial cleanser
(Adapted from Mother’s niche)
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs baking soda
A few drops of essential oil (I use lavender)
A few drops of vitamin E oil (optional)
- Spread 1 tsp of facial cleanser on your face.
- Use a warm wash cloth to wipe clean.
- Note: you can make a large batch and store it in an airtight container.
(From Hello Glow)
2 tbs flour
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tbs milk
A few drops of raw honey
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Use a brush to apply a thin layer to your face.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
Sugar Body Scrub
(Adapted from Molly’s)
8 tbs raw cane sugar
8 tbs sea salt
3 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp lavender oil (or other essential oil of your choice)
1 tsp Vitamin E oil
Optional: add chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, or dried flowers, or spices, or zests.
- Use a fork to mix all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Rub 1 tbs of the scrub gently into skin, working it in a circular motion with the tips of your fingers.
- Rinse well with warm water.
Coconut oil sugar body scrub
4 tbs sugar
4 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs raw honey
8 tbs coconut oil
A few drops of essential oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Massage into dry skin.
Deodorant for sensitive skin
(Adapted from OhLardy)
5 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs baking soda
6 tbs arrowroot flour
A few drops of essential oil (I use orange)
- Use a fork to mix all ingredients in a jar.
- Scoop 1/2 teaspoon and apply to your underarms.