I’m pretty sure the kids swallowed a clock. They wake up at 7:00 (sharp!) every Saturday morning.
On the bright side, we have time to make fresh egg noodles.
Fresh egg noodles or lo mein noodles
(From Maria Nguyen’s)
100 g all purpose flour
110 g bread flour
40 g semolina flour
1 tbs tapioca starch
2 tbs vital wheat gluten
1 tsp salt
1 egg + water (total 100 ml)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- Use a whisk to mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to a Philip Pasta machine. Note: to make small egg noodles, use Angel Hair shaping disc, to make lo mein, use Spaghetti shaping disc.
- Let it mix for 3 minutes. Push Stop.
- Restart the pasta machine. Slowly add egg water mixture.
- If mixture is too dry, add 1 tsp water.
- When egg noodles start to come out, sprinkle some all purpose flour to keep them dry and separated.
- If making egg noodles, leave the noodles as long as possible, then divide into 4-5 parts. Roll each part into a small bunch.
- Let it air dry for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, boil water.
- Blanch one bunch of small egg noodles at a time, for 15-20 seconds, and set on a kitchen basket to dry.
- When ready to use, stir fry the semi-cooked noodles or add broth to make noodle soup.